Monday, February 9, 2015

Introducing Taylor

My name is Dawn and I am a mother of three boys, Taylor, Brendan and Jordan. All three completely own my heart and I make my world complete, but the one I want to introduce to you today is my oldest son, Taylor.

Taylor will be 18 years old next month and he is my oldest. In just a few short months, he will be graduating from high school and will start preparing for life's new adventures, but Taylor will not be taking the typical path of most 18 year old high school graduates.

Taylor's life after high school will be different because Taylor has autism and he is the inspiration for this blog.

I have wanted to write a book about our adventures for years but as you can probably imagine, life with three boys can be really busy. What I have chosen to do instead is write a blog . This blog will be about what life with autism has been like for my family. From the beginning to the present  and in no particular order.

I hope that through this blog, Taylor will give hope to the new parents who may have just received the diagnosis on their child and maybe by sharing some of the lessons my husband and I have learned over the past years, we will be able to help other families who have children on the spectrum.

I do not pretend to know everything. I am no expert. I am just a mom who's child was diagnosed with high functioning autism fifteen years ago, but maybe I can use my experiences to help and if not, at least give you some stories that may make you laugh.

1 comment: